Careers< Back to Careers list
Vice President Client Development — Nationwide
Radius GMR is looking for a driven, creative, collaborative individual to join our sales team as VP of Client Development. You will be responsible for creating relationships with new clients through a combination of your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your existing network, and pursuing leads provided by the company. You will also provide valuable guidance throughout the sales process, project execution, and analysis. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about research design, execution, and analysis/presentation of results. If you are energized by the prospect of being part of an organization that believes in truly customized research and are driven to play a consultative role with clients, we’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create relationships with new clients through a combination of your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your existing network, and pursuing leads provided by the company
- Generate revenue through your business development efforts to reach specific goals put in place
- Demonstrate knowledge about different types of research designs and approaches
- Become familiar with company approaches and designs to properly guide the research process for any projects that are won. This means directing the research team, and providing your input/approval, on design and analysis.
- Write proposals that clearly convey recommended designs and analytic plans (assistance and reference materials will be provided for this, but it is the VPs responsibility to finalize the proposal)
- Guide the research process for any projects that are won by directing the research team, and providing your input/approval, on design and analysis
- Oversee research team handling logistics so that projects are on-track and the analyses are insightful.
- Be willing to partner with others on the sales team, as necessary, and to contribute knowledge and experience to the team
- Build a research team beneath you as you grow your revenue – hiring new researchers, guiding the development of the team, etc.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to generate new business on your own
- Ability to generate revenue through your own efforts in respect to finding clients and opportunities
- Ideally have generated at least $1million+ in revenue per year in your recent role.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience writing full proposals, including methodology and analysis plans
- Knowledge of the research process and of how projects work
- Knowledge of different research designs (ideally a knowledge of the more sophisticated approaches out there, such as discrete choice, segmentation, brand equity, etc.)
- Experience with survey design for a variety of different methodologies
- Understanding of the components that go into bidding a project
- Base salary + commission
- Salary and commission plan is competitive and in alignment with industry standards
- Final salary and plan will be commensurate with experience and track record in sales
Send resume to: