Consumer Durables and Home Improvement
< Back to Experience list
Radius has partnered with leading real estate, construction, home improvement and durable brands to address consumer needs and identify business-building opportunities. Together with our Energy Practice, we have covered many sub categories and current topics in the industry such as Smart Homes, green/recycled materials and more. We invest in our own research to enhance our knowledge for our many clients that range that include manufacturers and retailers.
We are a proud sponsor and research partner to the Home Improvement Research Institute (HIRI).
Category experience includes:
Breaker boxes and breakers
Construction materials and siding
Electric and gas space heaters
Gas washers and dryers
Home alarm systems
Home appliances, home appliance repair and replacement contracts
Hot water heaters
Home and Commercial design/redesign – in total, and components
Landscaping: Tree, shrubs, other ornamentals
Lighting, Energy efficient light bulbs
Pneumatic nail and stapling guns
Pool pumps, Central HVAC systems, AC filters, Heat pumps, Agricultural pumps
Replacement windows and doors
Replacement garage doors
Small appliances such as blenders, coffee makers, vacuums, etc.
We are experienced in talking with end consumers and DIYers about home improvement and durables issues, as well as a breadth of specialty targets:
- Contractors and Builders
- Kitchen and Bath Designers
- Landscape Designers
- Property Managers
- Professional Painters
Some of the questions and issues we frequently address with our clients:
- How are customers talking about the category? What’s the tone and content on social media regarding brands and trends?
- What drives purchase of particular products and brands? My brand? Where are opportunities to differentiate/add value?
- How can we change less than optimal customer attitudes and behaviors to improve customer perception and increase sales?
- Who should you target for deepening relationships and how?
- What is the trial volume for our new product or service?
- What is the optimal lineup and pricing by channel or customer types?
- What’s the right mix for new products or services, line extensions, or an ad campaign?
- How do I best influence customers before, during and after the purchase process? What types of point of purchase material work?
- What are the pain points/unmet needs (white space) we can use for positioning or innovation?
- How can we identify new ideas for services/offers or messaging to increase traffic or share?
- Which countries represent the most promising targets for my product line? What should we be offering to best meet their needs
Learn more about our experience and the Radius custom approach.