Careers< Back to Careers list
Vice President Client Development — Beijing, China, Nationwide
Radius GMR is seeking candidates to join of our client development team. If you are energized by the prospect of being part of an organization that believes in truly customized research and are driven to play more of a consultative role with clients, we’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Scope of Role:
Our VP role is for individuals who can build client relationships, find new opportunities, and provide valuable guidance throughout the sales process, project execution, and analysis. As we are known for being highly consultative and delivering added value to our clients, it is essential that our VPs be knowledgeable about research design, execution, and analysis/presentation of results. This is critical to fulfilling our commitment to deliver a high-touch, senior-driven research experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create relationships with new clients through a combination of your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your existing network, and pursuing leads provided by the company
- Generate revenue through your business development efforts with a goal of $1.5 million+ by the 3rd
- Demonstrate knowledge about different types of research designs and approaches
- Take proper steps to get comfortable with company approaches and designs
- Offer suggestions to clients and prospects as to how their issues can be addressed
- Write proposals that clearly convey recommended designs and analytic plans (assistance and reference materials will be provided for this, but it is the VPs responsibility to craft the document and pull everything together)
- Guide the research process for any projects that are won. This means directing the research team, and providing your input/approval, on design and analysis.
- Oversee staff so that projects are on-track and the analyses are insightful. Research team will handle logistics, but VP must be aware of where things stand.
- Be willing to partner with others on the sales team, as necessary, and to contribute to the sales team through the sharing of knowledge and experience (a team atmosphere is critical to the success of the company)
- Build a research team beneath you as you grow your revenue – hiring new researchers, guiding the development of the team, etc.
Skills and Requirements:
- Exhibit an ability to generate new business on your own
- Have a track record of generating revenue through your own efforts in respect to finding the clients and opportunities
- Ideally have generated at least $1million+ in revenue per year in your recent role.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience writing full proposals, including methodology and analysis plans
- Knowledge of the research process and of how projects work
- Knowledge of different research designs (ideally a knowledge of the more sophisticated approaches out there, such as discrete choice, segmentation, brand equity, etc.)
- Experience with survey design for a variety of different methodologies
- Understanding of the components that go into bidding a project
- Base salary + commission
- Salary and commission plan is competitive and in alignment with industry standards
- Final salary and plan will be commensurate with experience and track record in sales
Send resume and compensation history to: