Bringing Brands to Life to Impact the Customer Journey
For a reason, for a season, for a lifetime… your brand, much like a friendship, likely has one of these relationships with customers. Knowing the different roles you play for different people will allow you to bring your brand to life in ways that help nurture their respective journeys as they move from a reason…to a season…to a lifetime.
Begin with the Journey
It all starts with the foundational understanding that people follow different pathways of discovery and investigation in coming to your brand. Whether you’re first engaging consumers with your brand, or building deeper relationships, it’s all about who you are!
- Make an Impression: Make sure you know who you are and what you want your customers to experience. How do you want your people to feel about your brand?
- Be Uniquely You: What is your character? Your manner? What do you stand for? How do you stand out?
- Be Consistent: Don’t change your character overnight or depending on the audience.
- Be Credible: Stay true to who you are and evoke it in your corporate culture
By understanding the customer journey, we are able to figure out how these touchpoints play a role in shaping relationships between consumers and your brand.
The ways in which consumers learn and communicate about your brand are increasingly numerous and complex. How consumers become familiar with and make decisions about your brand relies on everything from word of mouth, advertising and testimonials to brand stories. All of these help bring your brand to life as people are taking their path to purchase and beyond.
Use the Journey to Help Bring Your Brand to Life
An understanding of the journey will yield critical insights to help your brand align with customer requirements and expectations:
- Determine the circumstances that lead to consideration, evaluation and brand choice. These help us learn how to prepare for — and impact — these situations.
- Outline the process to inform targeting opportunities that efficiently and effectively convert consideration into purchase.
- Identify the patterns that typify the different ways people arrive at your brand.
- Highlight influencers and touch points that meaningfully drive decisions and motivate brand selection.
Dissecting the customer journey is essential if you want to bring your brand to life in ways that effectively grow relationships.”
Armed with this information, you can take actions that will bring your brand to life throughout the customer journey:
- Craft stories that align with purchase occasions and inspire consideration.
- Develop testimonials that show the brand delivering.
- Create visual cues that match with customer needs.
- Offer ways to link people to the brand post-purchase.
Dissecting the customer journey is essential if you want to bring your brand to life in ways that effectively grow relationships. Doing so helps customers evolve with your brand … from a reason to a season to a lifetime.
Ready to build stronger relationships between consumers and your brand?